"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing: it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." – Ephesians 2:8-10 (ESV)
The Bible teaches that God has saved us by
GRACE, through FAITH, for WORKS of SERVICE.
By Grace Alone – We believe God became man in Jesus the Christ. He lived perfectly as a 'self-less servant,' taking our imperfect thoughts, words and actions to an innocent death on the cross in a demonstration of costly love.
Through Faith Alone – We believe that faith is God’s gift that trusts Jesus as Savior from sin and Lord of life. Faith believes that, in Christ, we have 'every spiritual blessing' through the 'forgiveness of sins.'
For Works of Service – Because we are saved by Grace, through Faith, God has also created us for a life of service. Through daily reading and reflecting on His Word, we are led to do the ordinary things of life in extra-ordinary ways.
Trinity First School abides by these beliefs:
- Bible: The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, are directly inspired by God. It is the only infallible, free from all error, authoritative Word of God. (2 Peter 1:20-21, 1 Corinthians 2:10-13)
- Trinity: We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that through Jesus’ perfect life on earth and innocent death and resurrection, we now have been made God’s children and have received our salvation! (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Luke 5:32, Isaiah 53:5, John 3:16)
- Creation: We believe the Genesis account of a six-day creation; we believe man was created directly in God’s image and after His own likeness, and not by evolution. (Genesis 1)
- Salvation: We believe that salvation is by the grace of God, not by any works or good deeds of men. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Body of Christ: We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Greater Body of Christ. (Romans 8:10-11, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Galatians 3:26-28)